Did you know that from Manhattan, you can get to UBS Arena in around 30 minutes via the LIRR? Even the Rangers recently took the train to their own game against the Islanders to avoid crushing rush hour traffic.
The arena — located near the Queens-Nassau County border on the historic grounds of Belmont Park — opened in November 2021 and is the new home of the New York Islanders, but it also hosts plenty of other events and concerts if hockey isn't your thing (you can see the full schedule here).
Complementing their schedule of events is a full slate of dining options. Like many sports and concert venues these days, UBS has built out a menu to please the fans in the stands. And this year, to celebrate the Islanders' 50th Anniversary Season, the arena has introduced new culinary offerings. The menu still has fan favorites, but now also includes limited-edition items.
Here's the full rundown of food and beverages you'll be able to find during your next visit.
• Mason Jar Cocktails and Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Shaker: A rotation of signature cocktails served in a souvenir Mason Jar or limited edition 50th Anniversary Shaker. Available at Red Star Bar (Section 104), Jameson Bar (Section 107), Heineken Tower Bar (Section 209), Absolut Bar (Section 111), Craft Cocktail portables (Sections 111, 122, 217, and 222), Glass Bar (Section 118), Bacardi Bar (Section 204), Heineken Terrace and Tower Bar (Sections 104, 109 and 209), Tailgate Bar (Upper Concourse) and Clyde Mays Bar (Section 230).
• Souvenir Ice Cream Helmet: Islanders blue and orange swirled vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream and blue and orange sprinkles. Served in a souvenir New York Islanders goalie helmet. Available at Belmont Burger (Section 119) and the Market (Sections 108, 111, and 203).
• Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Souvenir Soda Cup: Available at Belmont Burger (Section 119), Big Chicken (Section 216), Mógū (Section 221), and the Market (Sections 108, 111, 119, and 203).
• Footlong Hot Dog (Mighty Quinn): All beef hot dog topped with pulled pork or mac and cheese (Section 202).
• Northwell Health Healthy Choice Salads: Chicken Waldorf; Beet, Goat Cheese & Citrus; and Roasted Squash, Kale & Quinoa (Section 108).
• Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak: Chopped chicken tossed in Buffalo sauce, served on a seeded roll, topped with white cheddar sauce, blue cheese crumbles and green onions (the Market at Section 207).
• Chicken Cutlet Sandwich: Long Island sized chicken cutlet topped with fresh mozzarella, baby arugula, pickled red onion, beefsteak tomatoes and balsamic glaze. Served on crusty, rustic Italian bastone (Section 102).
• Family Sized Nacho Platter: Giant and shareable. A bed of warm tortilla chips loaded with cheese sauce, salsa verde, sour cream, pico de gallo, fresh sliced jalapenos and choice of chicken tinga or spicy chorizo. Served in a pizza box (Section 102).
• Reuben: Pastrami, Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing and sauerkraut on marble rye. Served with a crisp pickle spear (Section 224).
• Chicken and Waffles: Hand breaded chicken tenders and Belgian Liege waffles served with spicy maple syrup and pickled cherry peppers and a dusting of powdered sugar (Section 224).
• Blue & Orange Soft Serve will be available in the Market (Sections 111 and 203) and Belmont Burger (Section 119).
• Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich: House-baked chocolate chip cookies, stuffed with hand-dipped vanilla ice cream and rolled in blue and orange sprinkles. Available in the Market (Section 111) and Belmont Burger (Section 119).
• Milkshakes: Made-to-order chocolate or vanilla milkshakes with a choice of toppings, including cookie tuile, cherry, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. Available at Belmont Burger (Section 119).
And don't forget to say hi to Sparky while you're there — just like Maxine the Fluffy Corgi, who rode the LIRR to the stadium with us recently.
Getting to all this food is easy! Just grab a seat on the LIRR and you'll be there in no time at all.
UBS Arena can be reached from two stations: Elmont-UBS Arena and Belmont Park
And, beginning February 27, you can take the LIRR directly from Grand Central Madison to Elmont-UBS Arena!
Please use this guide for more detailed directions; the arena is also accessible via MTA Bus Routes Q2 and Q110 and the Nassau County Inter-Express N6 bus service.